Monday, September 17, 2012

More yarns and Wonderful Waldorf Dolls

It always gives me a thrill to see what people do with the yarns they purchase from me.  A lot goes for knitting, crocheting, weaving and other handcrafts.  One of my favorite uses are using it for doll hair.  Here are some outstanding examples of  Waldorf dolls made with my textured cores pun yarn.  Aren't they just darling?!  They are created by Jean Wagner who sells her dolls on Etsy and is also on Facebook as Tigerlilys.  













Recently, it has been super hot in the Southern California area where I live so it has been perfect for washing and drying fleeces as well as dyeing and prepping fiber for spinning.  I feel like a squirrel storing up for the winter and look at my piles of glorious colors and textures and am inspired to get to spinning.  So, there will be lots of new stuff showing up.

Also, I've got to take photos for the new patterns so I can get them up on line for Fall and get people trying some new projects.

2 comments:

Lykkagard said...

The doll is so cute. The wool is really pretty

lykka

Judy S. said...

What a perfect use for your yarn; she's an adorable dolly! That second ball looks very interesting; is it ready to knit? Just heard yesterday about the hot weather in So Cal., even San Diego which is quite unusual when there's no Santa Ana even. We've had unusually warm, dry weather here as well.