Saturday, July 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, I am officially an old person and even had a surprise party to prove it!  It was such fun, my husband took me to my friend Natalie Redding's farm (Namaste Farms) and I was greeted by her kids, my friends, a gaggle of geese, dogs (big and little), sheep, goats and a passel of other critters!  He and my friend Manon had conspired to set up this party for me. They even got my friend Kristine Haddock (Storybook Fibers) down the mountain to join the festivities.  I was really touched.  There was even a birthday cake and presents!  Wahoo!

We spent the afternoon laughing, hanging out, playing with the dogs, being entertained by the kids who were definitely ready for cake but were very patient about waiting until all the grown-ups were in one place.  They all sang happy birthday to me, which brought tears to my eyes.  I feel so surrounded with love and happiness that it made my heart glad.

I consider myself so very fortunate in my darling and loving friends.  Thanks to all of you for a wonderful day!


Natalie's five-year-old Roanie decided he could use the 6 next year, so we cleaned it off and put it in the pantry so he is ready.  Her son Dane and I came up with some fun science experiments for the kitchen using baking soda and vinegar and I introduced him to the fun of "spark in the dark" with wintergreen Life Savers.  This is such fun. I was first introduced to this one after hours at the Renaissance Faire while being told stories in the dark while sitting on haybales and drinking tequila.  Ah-h-h, my misbegotten youth!  It is a good thing I still have a good memory so I can remember my past!  LOL

3 comments:

ChelleC said...

Happy Birthday Janice!!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful celebration. Your cake is so pretty. Being surrounded by friends on a major birthday eases the twang of the milestones.

You are so talented and creative. You are a real gift yourself to all who know you (even online like me). Hope we get to meet in person someday.

The Yarn Marm said...

Happy Birthday to you!

beautifulyeah said...

We had a blast preparing your birthday surprises but our gift was seeing you happy and smiling from ear to ear!!!
You deserve every little bit!
We love you and your fiber art forever!!!
xoxo Manon