Sunday, March 6, 2011

More handspuns and Navajo Turquoise






Things have been buzzing in the handspun yarn shop, with skeins flying off the shelves~ Some of the most popular yarns have been used by Waldorf doll makers for doll hair. These dolls are so charming and the addition of handspun hair really adds to the magical quality. It is such fun creating unique color combinations for everyone and it is wonderful for the child recipients of these dolls to have input into how they want their doll to look.

Additionally, I have been washing fleeces and spinning up lots of art yarns and corespun textured yarns for knitting, crocheting, weaving and other handcrafts. There is just nothing like an amazing handspun in terms of softness, texture and colors. I have put up a few photos. I've also been making more needlefelted gnomes and plan to incorporate them into a handspun yarn - how fun is that?

I've also included a photo of a recent gift from my husband of a wonderful Navajo turquoise bracelet. It was a real surprise and I just love it. He has been such a sweetie lately, taking care of me when I have been under the weather and even cooking! He has made me feel really appreciated! Smooches sweetie!

1 comment:

My Heart Exposed Yarns said...

Everything looks amazing as always :)
((((( hugs )))))
Nice to read that your husband is taking great care of you, that is just so brilliant
Helen x