Thursday, February 3, 2011

Busy, busy, busy







The past two weeks have been super busy but lots of fun! I co-hosted a Camp Pluckyfluff in San Diego which was very successful with lots of students wanting to learn new techniques from the amazing Lexi. She is working on a new book and I got a chance to introduce her to Natalie Redding of Namaste Farms. She has amazing fiber and is a self-taught spinner who produces gorgeous yarns. It looks like she is going to be included in the new book. How cool is that? I took a few photos of the workshop which include Lexi, Natalie, Lovalee and some of the other attendees. I also made Lexi a wild hat out of my tailspun yarn and she looks fabulous in it. Too wonderful on her!

During the week, I was running all kinds of errands, listing new yarns in my Etsy shop and getting ready for Griffin Dyeworks Fiber Frolic on Saturday in Monrovia and a Beginning Spinners class in Long Beach on Sunday. I spent most of the time carding wild new spinning/felting batts, which I need to photograph and list in my www.excavations.etsy.com shop. I did take one class from my friend Katy Croshier making needlefelting gnomes. They turned out so cute - I really enjoyed it a lot!

On Sunday, I went to Jamie's Loft in Long Beach. I was his back-up spinnning instructor, without much to do as he is terrific as a teacher. I did bring a selection of SpinOlution spinning wheels for the students to try. I think we have some new spinning converts!

Natalie also gave me a bunch of beautiful mohair locks that were somewhat felted. We tried running them through a picker and it worked great to open them up. So, I have now ordered a small picker for myself! Additionally, she sent two small fleeces which are super soft and I can't wait to spin them up!

Today, I am busy doing a photo shoot of a bunch of new yarns and listing them on line for sale. Playing with fiber gives me such pleasure, I can't imagine life without it.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Beautiful art yarn you've made there. Love seeing your work. I just recently attended a Jacey Boggs workshop that was inspiring too. I need to keep practicing. My art yarn doesn't look amazing like yours (yet). Thinking positive though. Maybe more practice?