Sunday, December 19, 2010

Okay, I finally made something new!




Finally, I am feeling more creative again. Just completed this freeform handspun scarf. I'm really happy with the way this has turned out! Who knew that dog hair could be used so effectively!

Initially, I carded some of the dog hair together with some wool and spun up a bulky single which I knitted into a basic scarf. Then, the fun began, a lot of the dog hair was felted and kind of looked like little flower petals to me. Therefore, I made flowers and emnbellished them with vintage buttons and embroidery. Once I placed them where I wanted them on the scarf, I added some gorgeous Wensleydale locks to add that something extra to finish it off perfectly. Enjoy!

5 comments:

My Heart Exposed Yarns said...

Your scarf is beautiful Janice :)

Miki said...

Wow - Janice, that's gorgeous!

I love how you use the felted bits creatively - That's exactly how I feel when I look at things.
xoxoxo
Miki

Paula #870 said...

gorgeous!

ChelleC said...

That is a phenomenal scarf.

Glad those creative juices are flowing again. : D

Cindy said...

Ohhh I Love it!