Wednesday, January 13, 2010

TNNA January 2010




Just back from TNNA (The National NeedleArts Association) trade show. The show was much smaller and more low key than in the past. Shop owners were focused in their buying. I noticed a number of new small yarn companies with lovely new products and an increased focus on spinning and felting. I was with Ozark Handspun as a designer representative. One thing I did notice at this show was more art yarn sellers than before which I found interesting.

I will also be doing some new things in the coming year designing for Chameleon Colorworks using sock yarns for crocheting projects. This should be a fun endeavor and a contrast to my work with Ozark Handspun. I am looking forward to this. Another fun thing at the show was seeing people I rarely get a chance to see and also running into two former students who had new product lines (FiberSpheres and Red Barn Yarns.) Wonderful products and delightful women! I wish them every success.

Additionally, on my way to the show, I stopped off to see Michael at SpinOlution and brought a Hopper for David Gentzsch of Ozark Handspun to try out. I took a few photos of the new Hoppers being assembled and you can see the newest incarnation. David loved the wheel and was really surprised at how versatile and sturdy this little wheel was for art yarn spinning.

I have put up a couple of photos from the show and also SpinOlution wheels. I apologize for the quality of the show photos as the lighting was not the best in the convention center.

No comments: