Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just twisted!






It is beginning to feel as though I am going to require a spinning 12-step program soon. Every time, I look at a bag of fibers, I start thinking about what kind of yarn I can create. Lately, coils and beehives are giving me a thrill and I have been making skein after skein. It is actually a lot easier than it looks!

On Sunday, a couple of friends and I got together at the Coffee Bean in Long Beach and hung out, spinning and knitting in public while we enjoyed delicious cups of coffee and green tea. Lovely way to spend a day in great company and accomplished spinning one and half bobbins of yarn. WooHoo!

On January 8th, will be helping Ozark Handspun set up their booth at TNNA at the Long Beach Convention Center (January 9-11th) and am looking forward to seeing all the new yarns and other goodies coming out for next year! It is always a fun occasion and is a chance to connect with people I don't get a chance to see too often.

In the meantime, back to playing with fiber and carding wild art yarn batts and spinning up some fun new things.

2 comments:

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

They all look so bright ans beautiful! No wonder you are hooked!

velmalikevelvet said...

hi j, I tagged you on my blog! http://bit.ly/5xpZLC