Monday, December 7, 2009

Camp Pluckyfluff
















OMG, what a fantastic weekend! Two intensive days of spinning art yarns a la Pluckyfluff! It was held at the Urban Craft Center in Santa Monica. This is a unique teaching space and crafts store. I highly recommend this store.

Lexi Boeger (Pluckyfluff herself) brings a wonderful spirit and immense talent to her uniquely individual yarn and has a relaxed easy teaching style that is inclusive and encouraging. If you ever have the opportunity to take a class from her, it is worth every penny and you will come away with a new appreciation for what goes into creating art yarns and mad new skills. Everyone was tired but totally delighted by the end of the second day and left with armfuls of fabulous yarns. This was my Christmas gift to myself (I was a really good girl, honest!)

A few photos are attached so that you get a taste of the atmosphere and the yarns created.

2 comments:

Wool Enough said...

I am still too much of a novice to attempt art yarn, but it sure looks like fun. I love that green/gold stuff in the top photo.

The Hatdiva said...

The fuzzy yarn looks awesome! What a fun place, PluckyFluff must have been.