Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Projects - finally working again!




Now that I am feeling much better, I have been trying to finish up some projects that were interrupted when I got sick. Yesterday, the blue fantasy flower felted bag was completed. Some of the photos turned out pretty good but still have to get a good full size pic. I did knit and the full this bag in the washer. Afterwards, I ended up embellishing further with needle felting using handspun yarn, felted balls, beads and embroidery as well as adding a set of exotic La Beana handles.

After that, I started embellishing another felted bag which looks like it is going to turn out well as I love the colors. These are going up on my Etsy shop as patterns soon.

The current issue of Haute Handbags features an article on two of my freeform handbags as well as another needle felted bag in the Salon section. It has been a busy year. Also, the 2010 Pattern-A-Day calendars for knitting and for crochet are featuring five of my patterns. So cool! Be sure and get one when they are available in your local yarn shop.

Off to make brownies for my husband and cook him a lovely dinner. He has been such an angel taking care of me while I have been sick. He has definitely earned it. The only down side is that he was "in charge" for a while and now I need to shovel out the house as housekeeping is not his forte. LOL.

4 comments:

fiberfreek said...

Beautiful work as always!!! you so inspire me!!! Glad you are feeling better!!! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!

fiberfreek said...

Beautiful work as always!! You so inspire me!!! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!! So very glad you are feeling better!!!!

Miss Gina Designs said...

Glad that you are feeling better! The bags are simply stunning!

Jane's Designs said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love your flower work on your handbags, just beautiful. I've been working hard getting some handbags ready for my holiday shows. I put up a few new pics on my blog, come over and take a peek when you get a chance.