Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Homage to Painted Spinning Wheels

















Finally, I am emerging from my bout with flu and pneumonia, hurrah! Still a little weak but definitely improving! Therefore, I elected to celebrate by paying homage to some gloriously creative painters of spinning wheels. These are just a few that I have come across recently on Flickr. In the future, I will re-visit this topic. The two Celtic style wheels are by Northwoods Dyeworks. The Flower wheel is by Magee* and the multicolor wheel is by Princess Froglips. These are their user names on Flickr where I found these lovelies.

In a way it reminds of Olympia Dukakis in Steel Magnolias when she made the statement that what separates us from the animal kingdom is our ability to accessorize (I know I am seriously paraphrasing here but you get the idea.) Each wheel was such a wonderful work of art in its own way that it made me smile as I looked at each. I thought you might enjoy them too. I know they brightened my day.

Now that I am feeling better will be working on some new designs and getting ready for a big photo shoot for new patterns. This year has gone by so fast, I feel like I need to catch up!

No comments: