Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Talented friends

















Another wonderful Sunday at LisCat, knitting, spinning and crocheting. A chance to see friends I haven't seen in a while and admiring their wonderful projects. My friend Michelle finished her gorgeous crocheted Babette afghan using lots of lovely Noro yarns as well as handspuns. Eileen also joined us and I have posted a photo of her first original pattern for a darling little knitted capelet modeled by Meghan (Michelle's darling daughter.)

My friend Jamie and I were carding and spinning some wonderful alpaca fiber. Jamie also brought his SpinOlution Bee wheel and bag. He had dyed his bag using Rit dye in the washer and it turned out really great. More user-friendly color than the original natural white canvas. Clever guy! It was a wonderful mix of people. We laughed, worked and visited with each other in the lovely environment at LisCat.

1 comment:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

love that blanket! I have the pattern and bought yarn and mailed it to my mom hoping she'd make it over a year ago... the sad thing is she hasn't even opened the box of yarn!

eek.

oh well - it's safe in her craft stash now and if I'm VERY lucky maybe she'll get bored one day :)