Monday, September 14, 2009

Still Sidetracked Spinning





For some reason, I have been pretty much obsessed with spinning for the past month. Knitting and crochet projects languish in the work basket, tugging at my ankles begging me to return to them. Except for two pairs of socks which have been knitted while a passenger in the car, I have been taking a sabbatical. There are five new patterns which have to be written up and photos taken so I can post them but that will get done soon.

I have been up to my eyeballs in washing fleeces, dyeing rovings and fibers (winter will eventually come and cleaning everything before it gets too cold will give me plenty to spin.) That is my plan! All the spinning has been lots of fun and here are a few more examples. I have posted some on my Etsy shop (www.excavations.etsy.com and www.janicerosema.etsy.com)as well as some dyed rovings and carded art batts for spinning and felting.

3 comments:

elan said...

Yarns look great, my antique wheel goes in for repairs & then hopefully I'll be joining you.

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

Washing fleeces?
I wonder - is that hard? I have never seen it done - but I would like to learn how someday.

Janice Rosema said...

Washing fleeces is pretty simple. Maybe I could put up some step-by-step photos to show the process (or at least how I do it)as I always look for a simple way to accomplish what I want to do.