Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More talented friends






Being surrounded by talented friends is always inspiring! Today I want to give kudos to my friend Kyle Kunnecke (www.kylewilliam.com)for winning Best in Show at the Los Angeles County Fair for his freeform shawl. He started this project a while back after we got together and experimented with freeform techniques. The end result is pretty amazing. In addition to his Best in Show for the shawl, he won a second place ribbon for one of his sweaters and a second place for ceramics. This is a multi-talented man! I am always impressed with all the things he tries and does so well!

The actual fair photos are a little dark so I included more clear photos of the shawl. Note that the main color of shawl is a green not brown. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Harpa Jónsdóttir said...

It's beautiful - and so are the things in the post below.

Kyle Kunnecke said...

you're very sweet for posting this - thank you! I am proud of this piece and looking forward to another piece... as always, I have some ideas :)