Monday, September 21, 2009

It's a girl!

On Saturday, the SpinOlution wheels and I joined a group of ladies who raise llamas and also spin and do other fiber arts. We met at the Historic Galleano Winery in Mira Loma. What a lovely place! The picnic area had lots of trees and shade and the old buildings were charming and vine-covered. The winery tasting room was near by and they do give tours. The llama fiber was absolutely lovely and wonderfully soft and spun up into gorgeous yarns. One of the ladies brought a Louet Hatbox wheel which I got a chance to try and just loved it. These are no longer made but are a real treasure. A great time was had by all and this is a group I want to meet with again!

Yesterday was the meeting of the Sunday Spinning Group at LisCat in Long Beach. I picked up my new baby girl, a Louet S45. She is lovely to look at and delightful to spin. Since she is little and cute, I have dubbed her Gidget! Isn't she adorable? Thank you, Velvet for selling this little beauty. She will be much loved!

This was a weekend filled with friends and spinning that made my heart glad. Just wonderful!

No comments: