Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More spinning fun





For some reason, this new little wheel from SpinOlution (the Echo) has captured my imagination lately and I have been spinning almost every day for hours at a time. Dyeing rovings, fleeces and carding up art batts has been filling my days as well. There is nothing like playing with fiber. In between, I have been knitting up socks for myself in preparation for winter, kind of like a squirrel stocking up!

I have posted a few more photos of some more traditional handspuns that I have been doing, ranging from sock weight to bulky. It is an interesting change from art yarns for a while. I had decided that I would spend the rest of the summer spinning, dyeing and playing with fibers and have been really enjoying this little interlude.

3 comments:

Knitting-twitter said...

.. the yarn looks fantastic, breath-taking and very inspiring.. all the best from Switzerland.. Christa

Harpa J said...

I must try this someday. Not now, but someday.

Your yarns are beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I think the bottom one is my favourite, but I really like them all.

Kyle Kunnecke said...

gorgeous yarn and colors! can't wait to see you Saturday!!!