Thursday, August 13, 2009

More spinning fun





This week, I have been lucky enough to be able to keep the prototype SpinOlution wheel which has officially been named the Echo at my house. Needless to say, I have been a spinning maniac. This little wheel is a delight to use and easy to move around. A fellow spinner (wildharefiber) was the inspiration for SpinOlution to create this wheel. When I took it with me to LisCat on Sunday to share with the spinning group, everyone trying it loved it. I took a photo of Jamie (fiberfreek on Ravelry) spinning using wildharefiber roving. How sweet is that?

Additionally, I have posted two photos of another singles green yarn I spun on the Echo as well as a bobbin of two ply spun by (bettymo on ravelry) on her Mach I/II hybrid. I am loving how this looks. Jamie sent me home with a bag of intriguing fibers which I am going to be exploring this week.

On Sunday, August 16th, there will be a yarn tasting held at LisCat in Long Beach, CA and a group of us will also be there doing spinning demo. Do come and join us for all the fun!

Also, I have included an amazing wedding gown created using handspun Lincoln longwool. This is a real tribute to imagination, spinning talent and design. Hope you love it as I do.

1 comment:

Harpa J said...

The wedding gown is just amazing - and so is your new yarn!