Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Survival


The past week or so has been challenging to put it mildly, most of which was due to outside forces. It pretty much peaked on Saturday evening, when my anxiety maxed out and medical problems were adversely affected to the point where I ended up in the Emergency Room from about 10P to 9:30A the next morning, making it impossible to function in any useful way due to the effects on my health. I ended up back in the doctor's office on Monday with continuing and scary symptoms. The doctor lectured me on the effects of stress on my medical condition. He advised cutting back on things that create the kind of stress that caused the physical meltdown on Saturday night.

At this point, it seems like a good idea to scale back on the things that do not create a sense of peace and joyfulness and focus on the things that do. Therefore, I am taking a sabbatical of sorts and just spending some time doing what I enjoy which will, of course, include creative ventures not tied to someone else's expectations or deadlines. Hopefully, this will result in a restoration of sorts. I do not want to lose the joy of creating but do feel it is time to become a hermit again and stay away from organized gatherings for a while.

So, now it is time to take a deep breath and take some time out for myself and focus on the work that I truly love. Life is too short to waste.

7 comments:

Harpa J said...

Take care of yourself and rest. Rest is good, hopefully you will feel better with time.

The professional photos are great!

Kyle Kunnecke said...

amen darling - I wish you all the best in your "regrouping" phase! :)

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Sometimes we need a jolt to get back to who we really are. I think that change of any sort brings us back to ourselves, which can only be good for us.

At times this means that the people around us change in some way... some leave, some new ones arrive, old relationships change in many ways... but since change is the only constant anyway, might as well learn from the vibes around you.

I'm sorry it took an emergency trip. However, sometimes it takes that much for us (and those around us) to accept that change is the right next step.

I'm all for making things right with a cup of tea. I'm sure between tea and some colorful wool, you'll be finding happiness with your true self in a short while.

After some sleep?

LynnH

Janice Rosema said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts and good advice. Creating is what brings me joy and sometimes that is best accomplished as a solitary occupation. The world's definition of "success" is not always true. So, for now, it is time to pull back and follow my own path.

The Hatdiva said...

Living Fear Free, by Marvin Green. Read it.

I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder 15 years ago. Intense group therapy & desensitization techniques help me to this day.

Velvet said...

I hope you're feeling much better, Janice! It was so nice to see you last weekend and I hope you get some time off to pursue what makes you happiest! You create so much beauty and you deserve no less!

fiberfreek said...

Take care of you darling friend!!
Let us know if you need anything!!

Big Hugs,
Jamie and Abraham