Thursday, February 5, 2009

Professional photos - what a thrill!

















Just recently, Dave Gentzsch from Ozark Handspun had some professional photos done by Joyce Eveler of Jefferson City MO. He sent me a few of my own designs and I am thrilled. What a difference it makes in how a garment looks, amazing! I thought I would share some here.

All this week, I have been working on some new designs and having fun experimenting with carding fiber batts and hand-dyeing some rovings also. Additionally, PDF patterns are in the works for several new things and will be up soon. It always seems to take me a little longer than I anticipate as I get distracted by new ideas and go on a side trip experimenting.

According to Punxsutawney Phil of Groundhog Day fame who did see his shadow on February 2nd, we have six more weeks of winter. Judging from the cold temperatures (55-60 in the day and 40 at night) and impending rain today, I believe it. Of course, friends in other parts of the United States have much more extreme conditions to deal with but I still find myself pulling on warm socks and a cozy sweater and a pair of mitts. I find myself yearning for Spring and have an idea for a crocheted shawl in mind that I want to get started on soon.

Today, I have a nice pot of homemade beef vegetable soup simmering on the stove, filling the house with a tempting aroma. Maybe, I will pull out my antique cast iron pan and make some cornbread to go with the soup. There is nothing like it on a cold and rainy day!

2 comments:

The Hatdiva said...

Amazing! really good model too...love her makeup. perfect mix of handmade and fashion. I totally want that off the shoulder sweater!

Have you seen the knitted fashions that Rodarte makes?

Scarf It Up! said...

These are just incredible!