Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TNNA 2009 San Diego Show





After weeks of anxiety, creativity and just plain hard work, we arrived at TNNA in San Diego with new designs for Ozark Handspun in tow. David, Terri, Louie and myself set up the booth and it looked great if I do say so myself. We had some fabulous stuff this year. On Friday night, Carol Porter's wonderful sweater and my jacket were featured in the fashion show. We were a hit! There were some really lovely things in the show but for me the absolute stand-out was a crocheted wedding dress with a little fishtail train by Nicky Epstein. It was simply stunning and would assume it is in her new book.

This year, I took a couple of classes; one from Cat Bordhi and another from Chris Bylsma. It was definitely worth the price of admission and I learned a lot. Since this show was a bit slower than most in terms of attendance, everyone got a chance to network and chat amongst ourselves. The fiber glitterati was present in abundance including Annie Modesitt, Stephanie Japel, Prudence Mapstone, Myra Wood, Ellene Warren, etc, etc, etc. It was loads of fun to have all that creative energy in one place!

Attached are photos of my new fashion show sweater as well as Carol's sweater. I also included a couple of pics of the booth. Unfortunately, some turned out a bit out of focus but still show how it looked.

4 comments:

Harpa J said...

This sounds like so much fun!
And your work is beautiful and inspirational as always.

ChelleC said...

It sounds like a lot fun.

Megan said...

I'm so glad that I was able to meet you at TNNA. I loved the Ozark booth and your designs are amazing. I can't wait to go and get the new Belle Armoire. It was a delight meeting you!

Kyle Kunnecke said...

gorgeous and inspiring (as usual) - I wish I had been able to attend and hang out with you during the show (I really must just make a point to do so!)