Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday decorating and new ideas



The final Christmas orders were sent out on Saturday morning by priority mail. Hurrah! Now, it is time to play for a few days. So, in addition to my wonderfully tacky little lopsided fiber optic tree, I dragged an old Santa I made years ago out of the box for a few days hanging out to keep a watchful eye on the two presents under the tree.

In going through my button box, I found some cards of old cover-it-yourself buttons and decided to try an experiment. In my opinion, they turned out pretty nice. So, I have written up a tutorial with lots of how-to photos so others can try this too! They were fun and pretty easy and I can see all kinds of possibilities for creativity with these. More to come later....

Now, I am going to get busy with dyeing and carding art batts for a few days as my stockpile has diminished and besides playing with color makes me feel good. It has been cold, rainy, windy and even snowy around here in the past week with more promised. I am still working on the fashion show sweater jacket for TNNA in January but it is getting pretty close to finished. There are a lot of wonderful new things for Ozark Handspun which can be seen at the TNNA trade show coming up. I am getting excited!

I plan to surprise my husband and cook a nice meal for Christmas Day. He has been doing most of the cooking for a while as I have been knitting like a mad woman to fill orders. So, I guess it is only fair - he will even get home-baked pie for dessert! Poor guy, he will probably faint!

Even if you do not celebrate Christmas, I wish you and yours joy, peace and prosperity in the coming year!

2 comments:

velmalikevelvet said...

Happy Solstice & Merry Christmas, Janice!

I'm impressed with all of your furious accomplishment; those buttons are fab!

Wish I had some holiday orders to package up, but since I don't I have plenty of time to finish Cole's socks.

Hugs, V

ColorJoy LynnH said...

The buttons are just plain wonderful. I make polymer clay buttons regularly and have been really aching to get back to some embroidery. Then you tease me with these!!!

Great work.
LynnH