Friday, December 26, 2008

Belle Armoire January/February 2009
















A couple of days ago, I opened the mailbox to find a copy of the new Belle Armoire January/February 2009 issue. Inside was a variety of wonderful delights including an article about one of my favorite designers, Claudia Grau. She is based in Southern California and I always look forward to admiring all the glorious creations in her booth at the Contemporary Crafts Market twice a year.

Additionally, the issue contained an article on a couple of my abstract freeform shawls. I love the way the photographs turned out and was really pleased with the layout of the article. I will be working up a tutorial for creating a leaf shawl in the next month or so and will post it in my Etsy shop when ready.

In the coming year, I will be teaching a lot more classes using some new techniques and materials. I am really looking forward to this.

Wishing you all a joyous New Year!

7 comments:

velmalikevelvet said...

I've decided I don't like Belle Armoire, because it gets me all excited to make your beautiful projects, but has no instructions! ;)

Congrats on being featured again, V

Jane's Designs said...

Looking forward to seeing the article!! Happy New Year to you too.

Kyle Kunnecke said...

I just got an email from a buddy who was contacted about a photo of your shawl that you let me borrow for the Men's Knitting Retreat (which I still have) - I told her about you and your blog - what a coincidence that you're published this same month on the same subject!

Bravo!
Happy New Year :)
xo
Kyle

Anonymous said...

I just saw the spread on Belle Armoire's site http://www.stampington.com/html/ba_jf09.html

Simply stunning!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I saw the magazine at B&N the other day and fell in love with the leafy shawl. Have to give it a try someday soon.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ChelleC said...

That article in Belle Armoire was fantastic. The photos of your shawl made me want to create one of my own - that leaf shawl makes me long for spring, and to create a capelet to celebrate it.

Also loved the pattern and article in Knit 'N Style. I saw that design at your trunk show last week.