Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Winter issue - Knit 'n Style



Here are some photos of the cover and my design inside Knit'nStyle Winter issue (February 2009) on news stands now. This was a fun design to create. I love the way the mini-capelet and arm warmers look together. On the page where the pattern is given in the magazine, there is also a back view which looks wonderful and shows the armwarmers from a good angle. I made this using a combination of Ozark Handspun Opulent and Malabrigo. Now that the Companion yarn is available from Ozark, I would substitute that for the worsted weight portion of this design.

Currently, I am working on some new how-to articles for several other publications and am really enjoying sharing designs and techniques with new readers. There are lots of new ventures in the works for the new year and I am very excited about the prospect of these wondeful opportunities. Will keep you posted as things develop.

Thursday is a day of Thanksgiving here in America. From my personal point of view, I am grateful for waking up in the morning and having what I need to live another day. All the things, great and small, that we take so much for granted are the things I cherish. It is my deepest desire that our nation moves forward into the New Year with positive and healing change for all of us as well as for our planet and all who live upon it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

unraveledgal said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you Janice.
It looks like the coming year will be filled with more of your wonderful designs for us all to enjoy.
Congratulations!

unraveledgal said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you Janice.
It looks like the coming year will be filled with more of your wonderful designs for us all to enjoy.
Congratulations!

Harpa J said...

Congratulations - this looks really good!