Monday, November 17, 2008

Spinning fibers at Unraveled


As I hinted before, I am going to be putting spinning and felting supplies in the store on a consignment basis as well as some hand knitted gift items for sale. Most of Sunday afternoon was spent at Unraveled working on all the hand-dyed rovings, art batts, drop spindles, niddy-noddys, nostepindes, spinning wheels and other fibers as well as mohair, Teeswater and Cotswold curls. On Tuesday, we should have everything ready for when the store opens on Thursday morning. I am really excited about this new opportunity to share my love of wool and other fibers with spinners and felters alike. Additionally, I am putting some of my handspun two-ply yarns and art yarns on the shelves. There will be some exciting new classes on many of my techniques and projects for knitters and crocheters alike. We are also discussing a dye workshop in the shop. Just call and ask if you would like to sign up.

Furthermore, I will be offering spinning wheels for sale. The SpinOlution Mach 1 is shown in the picture above along with a lovely vintage California Bulky Spinner from the 1970s made of walnut. If the response to all of my efforts is good, I will be adding more. Once I get things on the shelves, I'll take some photos to share what is available in the shop so you can see for yourselves. Unraveled is also carrying Ozark Handspun and the brand new Ozark Companion yarns as shown in one of my recent postings. These Companion yarns are gorgeous and are only available at Unraveled and The Shepherdess in California at this point. As I am the main designer for Ozark Handspun, you will find lots of projects, patterns and classes available using these yarns in the shop. Come check them out!

Do come in and sign up for the fiber cooperative as this is a great chance to be a part of a wonderful opportunity which will offer discounts on yarns, classes and other goodies. For more information go to: www.unraveledknitting.com or call (626) 256-6777. Hope to see you in the store soon!

3 comments:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

that sounds like a lot of work - but well worth it - I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor with Unraveled!

:)

Janice Rosema said...

Thanks, I love this shop and want to see it prosper and grow! It is such a great place to hang out and knit, crochet or spin and just get to know a lot of wonderful people!

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer, so Unraveled could be my LYS! It's fun to join you there occasionally.

I'm looking forward to going there this Tuesday! My Epiphyllum Society has an annual Xmas party at the Monrovia Inn and I usually get there early enough to go to Unravelled for awhile before the party starts just a half block away. I've even been known to sneak out of the party and run to Unravelled to buy a quick skein of yarn!

Kim