Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ozark Companion - brand new yarns






The most exciting box of goodies arrived from Dave Gentzsch of Ozark Handspun! As I cut open the box, yarns in glorious and luscious colors burst out all over the place. I felt like a kid in a candy store surrounded by all this beauty. Then, I calmed myself and began to approach things like a grown-up, going through them one colorway at a time. I must say that each one was more wonderful than the last. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world!

Next step, I corraled my husband to do his thing with the ball winder and swift. Twenty skeins later, I let him take a break! On the table was a stack of these wonderful yarns for me to create new designs for Ozark Handspun. I intend to combine these with the Ozark Opulent handspun as well. I have started making up some modular swatches with the Companion yarns too. As soon as I block these, I will put up the pics. In the meantime, here are a few yarn photos just to tempt you.

This new yarn in the Ozark Handspun inventory will be available soon in yarn stores throughout the country. In the meantime, the first store on the West Coast to stock this yarn will be The Shepherdess in San Diego, California. This shop is a little gem of a place with a beautifully edited collection of amazing yarns for the fiber artist as well as wonderful beading supplies and the most outstanding classes and teachers!

2 comments:

Jane's Designs said...

Oh what a lucky girl you are! I wish someone would send me a boz of yarn. Have fun, can't wait to see what you make.

Tatyana said...

wow - those are some really gorgeous yarns! :)))
I think 20 balls made with ball winder and swift is not a biggy :P - I just got those too and can't tell how much easier life now! :))