Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What is she up to now?

As the calendar marches to September within a short time and the lure of Fall projects beckons to me, this is what I have been playing with this week.  Even though it is blazing hot outside I am still lured to create with wool and mohair!  The sleeveless jacket started in a dream which woke me and wouldn't let me go back to sleep.  I had begun this jacket sometime in the past but was not liking the sleeves and other things about it and set it aside for some time.  With the inspiration found in my dream, I got up out of bed, took a pair of scissors, hacked off the sleeves and slashed and rearranged things to create a new shape.  Then, fibers and embroidery threads, silks and mohair locks called my name and voila!  Magic!In addition to this coat, here is another ruffle neckwarmer.  This time I combined it with handspun and a great handmade ceramic button.  In my opinion, it turned out pretty nice.  I've also been making sketches of new ideas conceived in my dreams.  I love when that happens.  This Saturday, I'll be at Unraveled again and am bringing more spinning fibers and another spinning wheel with me as well as some knitting projects.  Hopefully, you will be in the neighborhood and can join us for more fiber, spinning, knitting and crocheting fun! 

4 comments:

Harpa J said...

The jacket looks great and the neckwarmer too.

Harpa J said...

You have got an award : http://nopatterns.blogspot.com. If you want it - you can copy it and nominate a blog you like.

gnomegarden said...

you have a pattern for the neckwarmer?? I NEED IT! :)
Please let me know. Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wow! That jacket is just gorgeous!!!
Kim