Monday, August 18, 2008

Fiber-wrapped bracelets on Saturday

Last Saturday (August 16th), I spent the day hanging out at Unraveled (my favorite place)and got to spend some one-on-one time with Christine as she opened boxes of stunning calligraphy pens and accessories as well as simply gorgeous Midori ribbons and vintage Noro yarns I have never seen.  These will all be available in the store for purchase.  I already staked my claim on a green feather calligraphy pen and stand which is luscious!  If you are a lover of beautiful things, come in and check them out.  Christine has impeccable taste when it comes to her choices in yarns, gift items and knitting bags.  Just exquisite! Well,the new Belle Armoire Jewelry fall issue is out and contains some wonderfully creative approaches to using crocheting in making jewelry.  My fiber-wrapped bracelets and cuffs are also featured in this issue and turned out pretty good.  My only note on this is that in one of the photos the millinery leaf is turned backwards for some reason and doesn't show the "public" side of the leaf.  Other than that the article looks nice.  Since the larger neckpieces seem to be a bit daunting to a lot of folks, this coming Saturday (August 23rd)I will be teaching a wrapped bracelet and cuff class at Unraveled.  It will be possible to complete the project during class.  Bring various types of yarns, embellishments, ribbons, fabrics, buttons, beads or whatever else floats your boat!  I will supply the cording and the mesh for the cuffs.  We will whip up delightful adornments for wearing and gifting!  Come and join us for a day of fiber play! 

5 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

One might enquire: what are the hours of said workshop? looks good!

Janice Rosema said...

The worshop is from 11:30A-4:00P.  It will be great fun!

Sheryl said...

Oh, if I only lived closer! Sounds like fun for all.

Inspired Tokens said...

I do wish that I knew of you and the wonderful shops you mention when I lived in So. CA. I'm now in Utah ...but I do admire and love your work. I just read the article about your lovely fiber bracelets. I also just read about your Modular Jacket in another Sommerset issue. Do you sell a pattern for this? I would love to purchase it if you do.