Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer hat





Since I have been going through my old archives of class samples and patterns, this is another one I have re-done in a PDF format for sale. I have dubbed her Emmaline - a crochet hat for a lady. She is obviously feminine but not frilly and has an outstanding flower embellishment as every lady should have on her summer hat. I created this pattern in 2005 and at that time made it out of hemp with hand-dyed hemp flowers. This incarnation is crocheted using Louet Euroflax worsted weight 100% wet spun linen in a lovely terra cotta color. I am offering this pattern for sale on Ravelry and in my Etsy shop. It is a nice addition to that summer wardrobe of accessories. It certainly would be beautiful worn with a nice linen dress or even a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

My ruffle adventures continue as you can see. These little wristwarmers are just too cute and have been receiving a great reception from my customers. I offer a pattern for these as well as finished items. What a great gift for the holidays!

As I resurrect more items out of my workroom, I will be posting them as well. There are some great shawls and other designs still lurking. Additionally, I am working on lots of new handspun yarns and projects. Just yesterday, I received a box of gorgeous yarns from Ozark Handspun which are designated for some exciting new items for TNNA January 2009! The new colors and yardage open up a lot of design possibilities. I can't wait to start working with it!

5 comments:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

you have so many great patterns, why not consider publishing a book?

nexstitch said...

The hat is SO COOL.

Angie said...

Love the hats. Makes me want to get out the crochet hooks.

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Very pretty hat. Reminds me of Easter time and spring.

MusicRaven said...

Love the hat. It is beautiful.