Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 4th weekend


Tomorrow is the glorious 4th of July and a day to celebrate our freedoms. It is a day of family, fireworks and festive occasions with picnics and barbecues. Take a moment to reflect and honor those who have sacrificed so that these freedoms may be ours to enjoy. May I wish all of you a blessed and fabulous 4Th!!!

Over this weekend, I am going to be teaching a freeform knitting and crocheting workshop at The Shepherdess in San Diego. It is located in the Old Town area and near a place called Bazaar del Mundo. Over 30 years ago, I used to sell handspun to that wonderful marketplace. It still is going strong with exciting goods by artisans from around the world. San Diego is a delightful place to visit and there is so much to see. It is certainly worth the trip.

The workshop should be lots of fun as this shop is a little gem of a place with a beautifully edited collection of gorgeous handspuns and hand-painted fibers. There are wonderful felting and beading workshops held here as well and the owner is a lovely woman and she has a friendly and helpful staff. I am anticipating a great time and plan to take some photos of the workshop. I have posted a freeform sample to give an idea of what we are going to be exploring.

5 comments:

myra said...

I've always wanted to visit the Shepardess. It's legendary! (and a little scary for a bead-hoarder like me..)
Kudos on your classes. I'm sure they'll be amazing.
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Lisa said...

Have fun in San Diego. I love the Shepherdess! I hate to tell you, though, that I'm pretty sure the Bazaar del Mundo was torn down a couple of years ago.

Janice Rosema said...

Bazaar del Mundo is still there. It just moved about a block from the original site which has been transformed into another group of shops and businesses. The Shepherdess is an incredible little gem of a shop. I have done a trunk show and demo there before and had a great time. There are several other classes upcoming as well.

Harpa J said...

Happy 4.th of july!

The bag is wonderful.

velmalikevelvet said...

hi sweetie! happy 4th. hope your class goes smoothly, and you meet more fab freeformers. hugs, v