Monday, July 14, 2008

First Lazy Kate for Mach1



Well, here she is, the first lazy Kate made for the Mach1 spinning wheel by Michael Pauly! Notice it holds four bobbins! It also has little brakes for the bobbins so you can control the amount of drag as you are plying. This is the coolest Kate since Katherine Hepburn! While using the device, lay flat on the floor. When finished, it can be stored in the upright position, taking up less space. All I have to do at this point is put a finish on her.

Now, my Mach1 family is complete as it has a place for bobbins to do their work and be stored away when not in use.

I have been a spinning maniac all week and will be putting up some photos of what I have been doing in a few days. I love this wheel!

7 comments:

misfitknits said...

you've been hit by the ravelry comment train! ugh, i just found out about the mach 1 a couple of months ago and as soon as i saw it, i KNEW i wanted it!!! i've never heard any feedback from anyone who actually OWNS it, i'm glad to hear you like it! and the kate is awesome, i have a pretty cruddy kate, and i've been dieing to get one with a tensioning system!!

lizzzknits said...

Sure beats the shoebox/toilet paper tubes/knitting needles system that I have been using!!!

You are an artiste! Love that free form jacket. Liz

CTJen said...

I'm not a spinner, and have never heard of a Kate, but let me tell you, it looks really really cool!

Deb said...

Greetings from dswgr6 from the blog comment train. Your creations are gorgeous!

~ P ~ said...

Hello from the comment train. That is one nice looking kate.
Love your work.

Jen D. said...

Oooooh! I love the kate! I'll have to look into getting one once I bite the bullet and get a wheel. I'm just getting started with a spindle at this point.

(blog train...)

webecca said...

Hello from the Blog Train. Your free-form knitting (especially your jacket) is fabulous! The pink and green ruffly wristlet is lovely, and you've given me some ideas for the fuzzy yarn in my stash.