Sunday, June 29, 2008

Everything old is new again











In excavating my workroom, I came across a bunch of my old patterns. I designed this lovely shrug back in January 2005 and have been teaching classes on it in many shops since then. Also, in 2005, I had kits and patterns of this shrug design at the Los Angeles County Fair. I even sold a few finished ones to ladies who could not live without it! In 2006, this lacy version of the shrug was featured in the L.A. County Fair Fashion Show modeled by the lovely Myra Wood and was very well received by an appreciative audience. In fact, Myra liked so much she ended up buying it from me. I love it when something finds a good home!

Recently, I have been converting a lot of my old patterns into PDF files with new photos. I thought this would be a great candidate as it lends itself to many different looks depending on the yarn choices made. I have other versions packed away in boxes in my workroom and when I dig them out I will post them for comparison. Also, when I originally wrote this I did several versions for the knitter, the crocheter and the bi-craftual person who knits and crochets! They all look wonderful. Currently, I have uploaded this pattern for sale on ravelry and also in my Etsy shop. It is a quick and easy knit and/or crochet. Bet you can't make just one!

Ruffles are still fascinating me for some reason and this current incarnation of my neckwarmer/capelet came out nicely. The color is off a bit in the photo so I think I need to take a picture outside. It is actually a gorgeous deep royal purple with touches of black in the ruffling. Socks have somehow magically appeared on my needles and are in progress. I really want to get my friend Janel Laidman's new book called The Eclectic Sock as she is an amazing designer.

Well, I should be signing off as I need to finish getting supper together for the husband. He gets a little grumpy when he isn't fed on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

wow the back of that shrug is beautiful! I'm getting inches closer to starting my freeform wrap - (I actually made a teeny "seed" last night from a bit of the vest I just finished) - I love the way this one looks from the back though - sort of old and lacey and "shredded" kind of...

can't wait to have you come over and hang out!