Thursday, May 29, 2008

Socks, socks, socks




For some reason, all I have wanted to do lately is knit socks and create handspun yarns. Maybe it's the weather but for some reason I decided that I would get an early start on holiday gifts this year. So, now there are three pairs of socks in the stash as well as a few ruffled collars and cuffs. Needless to say, I am pretty darn pleased with myself because I usually wait 'til the last minute and turn into a crazed lunatic trying to convince myself I can get done on time and finally end up giving a photo with a promissory note swearing that I will finish and turn it over to the worthy recipient. Of course, by then, it is usually July! I've posted a few sock photos although they aren't terribly clear. The brown/green pair are Socks That Rock yarn and the purple/gold pair are Koigu, both patterns are from the Interweave Favorite Socks book. The other Turquoise multi pair are from Sensational Knitted Socks.

This coming month is going to be filled with interesting adventures. One of my new designs is going to be featured in the fashion show at TNNA 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. I am going to check out the Contemporary Craft Market in Santa Monica and then Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon as well as doing some teaching along the way. At BSG, I'll get a chance to meet a lot of Ravelry buddies and play with fiber together. My new Mach 1 spinning wheel and the Pirtle are coming along to play too by special request from a couple of my friends as they want to take them out for a spin. I can't wait, all that wonderful fibery goodness and people who understand my love for all those goodies.

1 comment:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

look at all those socks! (wow!)

I miss you so I'm
"tagging" you on my blog...

hugs,

:)