Sunday, May 18, 2008

Creating new patterns




I confess that I have been having far too much fun playing with wool, yarns and other fibery objects and have neglected blogging for a while. I also have been writing some patterns for new fun summer projects that will help jump-start making gifts for the holidays. In my own case, it is a good idea as I always get side-tracked and then have to work like a frenzied mad woman trying to get it all done in time. I am posting a couple of photos of a few versions of these. As you can see, all the ruffled tape yarns out there have sucked me in with their girly wonderfulness. Besides, they are so much fun to work with as it provides instant gratification. Also, the wow factor is another incentive. These have generated a lot more excitement than really complex pieces usually seem to do. You have to love that!

So, back to the playroom (workroom) and more fun.

4 comments:

Lysa said...

What cool yarn? Who makes it? Best, Lysa

Janice Rosema said...

There are a number of companies that make ruffled tape yarns including Universal Yarn Tango, Lion Brand Ruffles, Online Solo and Rozetti Stella. They are so much fun to incorporate into designs.

Kyle Kunnecke said...

your ruffles make me think maybe I want to use that ruffle tape stuff for my big circular blanket's ruffle! hmmm....

Janice Rosema said...

Wow, Kyle, that would be a great addition to your amazing blanket!