Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good things do happen to fiber people

The last couple of days have been interesting. I have been sending out homing pigeon vibes to my vanished piece of knitting and it worked! The modular sample mysteriously returned to the shop. Amazing! All I can say is that I am really happy about this. In some ways, it affirms my belief in the inherent good of people, even when they make a wrong choice. It is never too late to make things right. So, to the one who returned it, thank you.

Today, I went to check out the spinning wheel I mentioned in the previous post. It is called the Mach1 and is made by a small company called SpinOlution. The wheel is very unusual and works like a dream. It has some interesting features in that there are no hooks or orifice. The treadling mechanism is very precise and they have even built-in a feature to help new spinners slow the wheel down enough so they don't have some of the over-treadling problems usually experienced. I must say that I really liked the wheel and decided to have one built for me. I can pick it up in a couple of weeks. This wheel was originally made with more traditional spinning in mind but because of the features I have mentioned is perfect for a lot of the new art yarn spinning that has become so popular. I can't wait to see what I can do with this wheel.

This Saturday, I will be teaching a class on modular knitting at Unraveled in Monrovia, CA and am looking forward to introducing more knitters to this very satisfying approach to creating wonderful projects. If you are in the area, drop by and check it out.

As you can probably tell, I am feeling better today and have a bit more energy than I have had recently. It is a gloriously beautiful day with gorgeous blue skies, comfortable temperatures and a nice breeze. Who could ask for more?

No comments: