Sunday, April 27, 2008

Etsy shop















A few days ago, I opened an Etsy shop www.janicerosema.etsy.com featuring a mixture of finished items, patterns and handspun yarns. Hopefully, this will become an outlet for those who are always inquiring about purchasing my work. In the past, my finished pieces including hats were sold through many up-scale boutiques and department stores throughout the United States and overseas. I have posted a few small samples here.

At this point, teaching has become more important as my creative life has evolved and it gives me great joy to see the fruit of my teaching expressed in the works of my students. In addition, I enjoy designing new pieces and writing patterns and articles for fiber and art to wear magazines. It is a new chapter in a life filled with many challenges, opportunities, mistakes, successes and friends. I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to do the things I love in life and with grace from above, have many more years of sharing and creating ahead.

5 comments:

Fay Lynn said...

You have your fingers in so many pies how do keep them all straight??

I think this is another good idea.

Janice Rosema said...

I actually baked my first pie at age five under my grandmother's watchful eye. Besides, who says everything has to be kept straight?

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Another outlet for you beautiful & creative work. Why not? You're just so talented, Jan. Now ... I'm going to hop on over to Etsy and take a look see.

BlackCrow said...

so many beautiful colours and textures. I saw your work on Ravelry and wondered if you had an ETSY shop.
My BF and I weent to a exhibition on the week end that was organized by the spinners and weavers guild of Tasmania. I spoke to a felter, she made beautiful looking coats, but I was amazed that she didn't know how to knit or crochet.
Good to see you have no restrictions.
I have to have a peek in your ETSY shop now!
Life's to short not to stick your fingers in as many pies as you can.
Now I have to make a pie!

Ceci said...

Hi Janice!! I am Cecilia from Argentina (South, SouthAmerica). I just know your work from Raverly, where I knew Freeform also. Here no one do this tecnic. Where can I learn more about it? Can you recommended me something? Congratulations for your work, it is really beautiful !!