Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New knitters and new design




Here are some young members of my after-school knitting group in my neighborhood. They show up on a regular basis and work on their projects, giggling and talking. It is really cute to watch them encourage each other as they are learning. I am really proud of their persistence and progress in their knitting skills. They have already informed me that crocheting is the next thing on the agenda for this summer. So, it looks like I have a full schedule with the neighborhood kids. The boys seem to like crocheting more than knitting and I have them working on hyperbolic crochet as they can relate to the idea of the mathematical concepts and also creating something that looks like a creature from another planet.

I have also posted a few photos of a new jacket/vest/sleeveless sweater design I just finished for Ozark Handspun. In this piece, I combined wonderful wool tweed yarns and Ozark Bullet Proof colorway using the new blend of 65% mohair/35% Romney blend wool. It has 50 yds per 100 grams and I was able to knit using size 10 needles. This makes the yarn more versatile in terms of using with more fitted design concepts. I am so excited about this and have some other colors which I am experimenting with as well.

This Saturday, I will be at Unraveled in Monrovia, hanging out with my knitting buddies and working on my Koigu jacket. I always enjoy the atmosphere and the company at this gorgeous shop. If you are in the neighborhood, drop in and join us. Note below I have posted some new upcoming classes. I will continue to update these as dates are confirmed.

1 comment:

theresa said...

Janice, please contact me as your email keeps bouncing back.
theresart@yahoo.com