Monday, March 3, 2008

Felting frenzy




Just a quick update... this weekend was a whirlwind of activity. All day Saturday, I hung out at Unraveled and enjoyed playing with fiber with a multitude of wonderfully talented knitters and crocheters who wandered through, including an adorable nine-year-old girl who knitted up a storm along with the rest of us. It rained part of the day and it was lovely to be cozy and warm and watch the raindrops falling out the wide front windows of the store. Afterwards, my husband and I went out to dinner with his family to a lovely little Thai restaurant in Monrovia and enjoyed a delicious meal and good company.

On Sunday, we went to the meeting of the Los Angeles Fiber Guild and continued exploring wet felting. This time, I worked on a purse using a resist and was pleased with the results. We were able to work outside as it was a gorgeous warm and clear day. Sluggo came along and made lots of new fiber friends as you can see. On the way home, we stopped for dinner and he enjoyed being spoon fed a little clam chowder and some ice tea. After all, it was a busy weekend. Aside from all the wonderfully stimulating inspiration of the many talented fiber folk at the guild, there was also the fact that I did not have to cook this weekend to make it even better. When we got home, Harley (the cat) was a bit annoyed at the fact that we had left him to his own devices for the day (two days in a row) and let his displeasure be known by verbally chewing us out for a good little bit. It was a glorious and enjoyable weekend of fiber and friends with plenty of hugs to go around for everyone.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hi Janice,
You don't know me, but I met you a few years back at the Pasadena Waldorf School's annual Elve's Faire. You had a beautiful booth there and I remember your work distinctly! I am still very fond of the yarn flower pin(s) that I purchased from you! I went on the internet to find you and I have....( I also knew I could probably contact you through Unraveled in Monrovia). The reason I am looking for you is that this year the Pasadena Waldorf School wants to try something new and is putting together an Arts Festival on it's campus. They are looking at April 13th 2008 as their date. I was wondering if you would be interested in taking a look at the website they have created and determining if this is something you may be interested in being a part of ? It is; www. pwsfestiavlofart.com . I was speaking with the woman ( Lys Wilcox ) who is heading this up and mentioned that I felt that your work was really perfect for what they are looking for for this event. I am just a mom ( just!) up at the school, but I told her I would try and track you down today- hope that's alright! My name is Lisa Kavanaugh and I live in Sierra Madre, CA. Please feel free to e-mail me back with your thoughts if it's not too much trouble. Thank you ! Lisa