Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Felt update




My experiment with making a wet felted bag has dried and is ready for finishing and embellishment. Thought you might like to see it at this stage. I love the color and the fact that the mohair curls remained intact and 3-dimensional. There are a few thin spots here and there but that is probably due to my inexperience with this technique. I am going to use my Embellisher to needle felt it to another piece of felt as a lining to reinforce it after I embroider, etc onto the bag itself. In my mind, I can see this being a very interesting looking bag. I may put leather handles on this one although I am not quite sure what I want at this point. Will keep you posted on the progress and will post final outcome of this project.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Really cool--beautiful colors and textures!

LillyZoo said...

nice job Janice I love the locks!