Friday, March 7, 2008

Baa-baa brown sheep





My love of sheep goes back to my early childhood when I played in the pasture on our farm where the sheep grazed. Even today, the present owners still keep sheep in that field. How little things change. I especially loved lambing season when all the new babies were frolicking and looking adorable in the glorious green grass.

I discovered this darling pattern on Ariadne Knits and just had to make one. Isn't he sweet? I have decided to create my own crochet sheep pattern so there will be an alternative for the non-knitter just in case someone would like to make one. As soon as I work out the details and have a sample to show I will post it.

This knitted whimsy has made me smile and want to create more. Who knows, there may be a multi-color flock living in my work room soon. This was a quick and easy little project. I would imagine that a crocheted version would be even faster. So, there it is and I may find myself knitting a shepherd and his Basque wagon. It could happen!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh that little knit sheep is so cute!

janel said...

Oh, that's a cutie pie! Maybe I could have that flock of sheep I always wanted...

mary j said...

wow! your sheep looks great! and what a beautiful fleece! :)

mary j