Monday, February 11, 2008

New stuff




Well, I've been experimenting in the fiber lab again and discovering new uses for scraps of yarn and wool felt remnants. The cuff bracelet is made from a recycled insert from some yarn and leftover felt bits wrapped and embroidered with the addition of a dicroic glass button. I must say I really like the simplicity of this project.

Here also is a small freeform purse made using an old crocheted nylon bag as the base. I didn't like the strap so I cut that off and replaced with another handle. Then, I covered the bag with knitting and crochet whip stitching in place as I went along. This is a handy little bag and it was already lined and had zippers so it is good to go.

Hope you enjoy these little fiber bits. Happy knitting and crocheting as well as felting.

4 comments:

lisabeedesigns said...

I love that cuff. It's absolutely gorgeous.

cbknits said...

I just love the free form bags - I have got to try that1

Busy Mom said...

I always liked your fiber creations. Please come and visit me, I have a surprise for you.

dorkchic said...

Wow! Just... wow... such gorgeous work.

Found you through Ravelry and really enjoy your blog. Thank you!