Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Freeform rides again





Everyone needs a journal to share thoughts and fibery projects. This freeform journal was created using a three ring binder, felt and lots of different yarns, knitting and crocheting. It makes me want to create a world of designs, yarns and other delights. It could also be used as a portfolio cover to showcase your work.

Additionally, here are some new flowers created using Ozark Handspun. I think they turned out pretty nice and they certainly make a statement. Over the years, I've made fabric flowers, crocheted and knitted flowers using all kinds of yarns from threads to bulky as well as hand-dyed silk fabrics. There is something about flowers that pleases my sensibilities. They are quick and fun projects which provide almost instant gratification.

This Saturday, I will again be at Unraveled in Monrovia. I will be available to anyone who wanders in to ask me questions or get help with any project they are working on and even a pep talk to motivate finishing UFOs. It certainly is my favorite place to hang out and I have some new designs on display in the shop with patterns to go with them. Come on by as I would love to see what is on your needles or hooks.

5 comments:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

I saw one of your books when you were at Simply Knitting... loved it (and forgot how amazing it is) - I may try making one someday... it's so pretty :)

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

I really like the blue flower you created with the Ozark yarn. My problem is that I look at Ozark's yarn and I want it all, yet I have absolutely no clue what to do with it! (I'm not that skilled of a knitter).

Are you planning on having another free form class at Unraveled?

Sheila said...

Those are some wild and wonderful free form designs. Are they knit, crocheted, needlelace or all of the above? Keep up the great work

Janice Rosema said...

Glad you like these. The flowers are actually very simple, crocheted and knitted. The freeform is a combination of knitting and crochet as well. Yes, I will be teaching freeform and also working with Ozark yarns at Unraveled. Just call the store and let them know what you are interested in doing. In the meantime, happy knitting and crocheting. Janice

ChelleC said...

Love that journal cover idea. Your work, as always, is stunning. I can't wait for you to take your car trip to Missouri. Yippeee!!