Friday, February 8, 2008

Completed projects





Okay, I am done playing in the park for a while and have been finishing up projects. As promised, I am posting a new freeform bag using a Tilli Tomas silk liner. I love these things as once you are done with the fancies there is no lining to make. Very nice.

Also, I am just about finished with my wet felted hat, just a bit more whip stitching on the brim area. It is pretty good for my first attempt at this. No one told me that this was an ambitious project for a beginner. But, I guess that is the story of my life. I just jump into the deep end of the pool and dog-paddle like crazy! Wet felting is a fascinating process just for the technique itself and I can see why people get absorbed with this for the rest of their lives. It is incredible what can be accomplished when you consider all the variables. I must continue with my experiments. Yikes, I sound like a bit of a mad scientist! Anyway, hope you like these. There are more items coming along. Be sure to get plenty of fiber in your life. It is a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Jane's Designs said...

I'm always on a high fiber diet!!
Wonderful job, I haven't tried wet felting yet. So much to learn and so little time.

Janice Rosema said...

Thanks Jane, I love your needlefelting projects too!