Thursday, February 21, 2008

Belle Armoire article




The new issue of Belle Armoire magazine arrived today. Inside was an article on my fiber wrapped accessories (belts) and some very nice words concerning my work by the Editor-in-Chief Jenny Doh. In a recent conversation with her she said that the magazine is headed in a new direction with more of a fibery emphasis. She seems to share my love of yarn and fibers and is excited at all the new territory in this field for exploration. For a while (before Jenny) the magazine had become somewhat disappointing and I had made up my mind to drop my subscription. However, under her leadership, it promises to again become the magazine you wait excitedly to show up in the mailbox. There are some wonderful examples of knitted and crocheted items in this issue. So, if you can, find a copy and check them out. I posted the cover and the front page of my article as a teaser.

Additionally, this Saturday, I will be at Unraveled in Monrovia, just hanging out as I am bringing some new store samples using Ozark Handspun in for display. If you happen to be in the neighborhood do stop in and knit or crochet with me for a while. I would love to see you. Oh, I posted a photo of Sluggo in the midst of a yarn explosion with a smiling knitdad (Larry) in the background. Good fun was had by all on this occasion.

9 comments:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

fun fun... congrats on the article! I have never heard of this magazine :)

Janice Rosema said...

Thanks, Belle Armoire is an internationally distributed wearable art magazine. Issues are available in book stores, yarn shops and fabric/craft stores.

theresa said...

I'm off to get my copy tomorrow. It looks totally fab. I have to work Saturday or I would be in Monrovia to check the goodies out and hand.

Inspired Tokens said...

I'm out and about visiting in blogland...I adore Belle Armoire. Congratulation on the article. I'll be on the look out for the new issue. I love working with fibers and fabrics. Your's are devine.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Nice !!! This accomplishment has to be one dream that you can check off now !

Janice Rosema said...

Actually, this is the third article in Belle Armoire and there are others to come. One of my patterns will be featured in an upcoming issue of Vogue Knitting. My real dreams involve constantly learning new techniques and skills as a knitter and crocheter. All this other stuff is just extra.

DreamWoven said...

Congrats! Beautiful belt.

Harpa J said...

Congratulations on the article. The belt is beautiful.

ChelleC said...

Okay, I'm going out to get the mag. Congrats! Can't wait to see it.