Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day 2008



I know that I have gotten to be an old person, my husband and I were in bed asleep by ten o'clock last night and got up this morning and watched the Rose Parade. There were some absolutely stunning floats this year especially the one from Rain Bird with a theme of India. The flowers are so glorious and the ingenuity of the designs never ceases to delight me. As usual, tears welled up in my eyes as the Marines went by and I felt a surge of patriotism. They always affect me that way. I guess when you are the child of a Marine that is just the way it is. Also, there was enough football on the tube today to satisfy any man in America. I personally have overdosed but survived, whew!

Just to keep myself busy, I worked on a new felted jacket and have been taking photos of the progress. I also did a quickie felted bag. Drawing from boxes of felted wool clothing, I created the body, needlefelted by hand and with my needlefelting machine using Ozark Handspun, pieces of fleece, dyed silk hankies and rovings and embroidery. Almost finished, but thought I would post a couple of pics so you can see what can be done in a couple of hours of doodling. This is all kind of new to me and I believe that the more this is explored, the more interesting the results will be.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Are the pictures the front and back of the pillow? I love how squishy it looks.

--Pam (knitpam)