Saturday, December 29, 2007

TA-DA!







It is finally finished. In my opinion, it turned out pretty good. As you can see, I applied the more is more principle to completing this jacket. In addition to the needlefelting, I did some simple embroidery touches and then lined and edged it. There are two more of these felt jackets in the works which are each very different from this one. Will post when complete.

The LAF Guild is offering a 5 month felting course (wet felting) and I am going to participate in this so there will be more techniques to add to what I am already exploring. That should be a lot of fun and very interesting. Una Walker is facilitating the group and she does some amazing work.

TNNA is almost here and I still have a few projects to finish up. I am actually getting kind of excited about the whole thing. I'll be in the Ozark Handspun booth on Friday and Saturday, so if you are coming to the show, stop in and say hello. I am sure you will fall in love with their yarns and other products. I know I have.

New Year's is just a few days away and that means Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game. That translates into a lot of excitement in Pasadena and all around Southern California. In my younger days, my family lived a few blocks from Colorado Blvd. The whole neighborhood set up chairs on the street and we took turns watching our spot during the night. The thing I remember so well is the beauty and perfume of the flowers and my father with tears in his eyes as the Marine Corps Band passed by. It was unforgettable. Now, I watch on television warm and cozy with a cup of hot coffee. So Happy and prosperous New Year to all of you!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful (as always)

Tracy said...

WOW 5 months of a felting class!?! Can I hide in your pocket? :-)

Love the jacket can't wait to see the others!

Larry said...

And a Happy New Year to you too! I'll probably see you at TNNA. And I'm hoping to see your gorgeous finished jacket as well.

Pam said...

The jacket is beautiful and so happy looking. If I squint my eyes just right, it reminds me of a festive Hawaiian shirt. Just gorgeous and the detailing is lovely.

lillysmuul said...

I fell madly in love with these pictures, this handspun yarn is just fabulous!!!
Love your other work as well!!
Looking forward to see more creations!