Saturday, December 15, 2007

Project updates














Time is passing so quickly, finally all Christmas knitting and gift wrapping is complete and only Christmas cards remain. I feel pretty good about that and not my usual wild-eyed and confused holiday self who is trying to juggle too many things at one time.

Okay, here is a project update. Needlefelting jacket is coming along well, apple peel sweater is done (will post photo) and the Adobe Brick vest is almost complete (just the edging and buttons to go.) Additionally, I have added some books to my knitting library including three Kaffe Fassett books and Koigu's From a Painters Palette. Modular knitting continues to fascinate me and I have also been knitting more swatches of intarsia work. It is really interesting how quickly it becomes second nature to carry along a bizillion colors without losing one's mind (h-m-m, maybe it is because I have already lost my mind) and I am enjoying the results and the process. This is definitely an intriguing area of knitting and worth exploring further.

In January, will be teaching some mitered modular knitting workshops and have designed a new purse pattern using this technique and I must say it looks pretty nice so I hope students will like it too. Next year promises to be full of exciting new events and challenges and I am looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Janice,
I get excited every time I see you have another blog post....just can't wait to see what you have been working on. Your pics are always an inspiration so keep them coming. I only wish you were in Australia so I could attend your classes.

ChelleC said...

Hi Janice, me too, I love it when you post. Your projects are amazing.

Are you teaching the Modular Knitting in Jeff City, MO when you come to teach? I hope you are teaching on the weekend, because I am starting a new job soon and probably won't be available to go to Jeff City on a weekday. You probably won't know your schedule until January.

Terri Lynn said...

i am so glad to have found you! I love all your work and continue to drool over it at Ravelry and now here! I will be visiting and commenting often! You and your works are so cool!!!!

Lisa said...

Janice,
I love everything. What yarn are you using for the modular piece? It looks like Jitterbug. What's it going to be? Love the green scarf next to it. Kaffe would be proud.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the great pictures, this time and always. Whenever I read your posts, I feel like running, not walking, and picking up my needles and hooks. That's another great Fassett swatch, such a wonderful color combination. I'm looking forward to seeing the new purse!