Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Miters, modules and squares, oh my!





With deadlines looming and the holidays eating up time like Godzilla devouring Toyko, keeping focused on anything has been a challenge. However, my yarn experiments continue with varying results. Lately, I have been looking for a variety of DK weight yarns for intarsia work. I want to stick to natural fibers unless of course a color is to die for! So far, I have found some lovely Rowan colors with tweedy effects and am searching for more possibilities. I did discover that some of the Noro Silk Garden Lite will work and it certainly adds something wonderful to the mix. I find that I like the yarns with undertones of other colors as it really makes intarsia work come alive. So far, this has been an interesting learning process.

There has been some progress made on the new modular purse design as you can see. Not sure yet how I want to finish this off but I want to use a set of nice leather handles after lining. Also, am debating whether to leave the jagged edge on the bottom or fill in with triangles. We'll see how it looks when I get to that point. Also, I have posted a modular square swatch using a variety of yarns in mostly greens and rather like how it turned out.

Hope you all have been having a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to an exciting New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must have elves working for you! you are amazing!