Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Working, working, working

Today, I took a nap in the middle of the afternoon and woke up with a new idea for a design. Have you ever looked at apple peeling? I thought this could be turned into a garment. I know it sounds a little nutty but it could work, I think. So, took a long strip of muslin and draped and pinned on a mannequin. Voila! The idea is a good one and now a new project is in the works. Will be posting pic soon so you can see what I'm talking about.

Also, working on a chevron scarf (I got sucked into it by my friends at Unraveled) and so far it is really pretty. Next, I'll be making Baby Surprise Jackets - oh my gosh, will it never end? There is also a swallowtail shawl on the needles and three pairs (I finished one - yipee)as well as a eyelet cardigan and that orphan sweater. I think the sweater should go to the front of the line for a bit as it has been languishing the longest. I don't want it to feel neglected (ah, who am I kidding, it's been there over a year and probably has forgotten me by now.)

The husband is happy though, as I've been cooking lately and so he feels loved again. Bless his heart, it doesn't take much, a hot meal and the occasional chocolate cake and he's good.

1 comment:

Fay Lynn said...

Naps are like magic!!