Monday, November 12, 2007

Sidetracked again



Well, it has happened again, I've set aside the ball of yarn for a while as I needed a break from it.  I am winning the battle and will re-engage soon.  In the meantime, I was seduced by the Dazzling Knits book and started not one but two projects using different colorways than my usual.  The whole knit as you go technique intrigues me and it is kind of like a jigsaw puzzle as it assembles itself as you go along.  As you will notice with the photos, one of these sweaters is just a couple of blocks and the other is the one that has really gotten my attention.  I am enjoying the way the colors are playing off of one another - blues, pale gold, deep plums, browns of silk and wool.  Subtle but interesting.  The other piece will be a vest in creams, pale beiges and greys.  This is unusual for me to work in these colors but I decided to try the "neutral" route for this project so we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Kyle Kunnecke said...

NEAT! - now this is something I'd be interested in trying out... I'd love to know how you're doing this :)