Sunday, November 4, 2007

Contemporary Craft Market




On Saturday, I went to the Contemporary Craft Market show in Santa Monica, CA. It was fantastic! The most spectacular show I've seen in quite a while. The quality and scope of the artists was amazing. There are just not enough superlatives to describe the offerings. Check out their site and link to some of the individual exhibitors to get a taste of how fabulous it is. http://www.craftsource.org

Afterwards, I went by Unraveled and meet some friends and sat and knitted together. All in all a great day. Oh by the way, the meeting with Belle Armoire Magazine went very well on Thursday and a lot of items were left with them for photography for future articles. It seems that Michelle Flores, the managing editor, has left and the magazine will be trying some new directions. It should be very interesting to see what happens. This has been a busy and productive week. Today, I decided to relax and take it easy with a little "mindless" knitting.

Here are some photos for you to check out: Two denim vests which I embellished using vintage hankies, doilies, buttons, embroidery, etc. Also, my Lady Eleanor made from Noro Aurora on size 5 needles. I love how it turned out.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Love your lace embellishments on the denim jackets. And what jacket is that pictured? Is that one of yours or some other artists' work? I assume yours, but . . . not sure if it was one on display this weekend at the craft market or what.

ChelleC said...

I wrote "what is that jacket pictured" - I meant the basketweave-looking gorgeous shawl. My brain in lagging behind my fingers tonight.