Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Photo shoot day

Today has been a busy one. Up early, went to the County Fair to pick up some items entered in professional category. The green fleece shawl shown below won an Award of Merit for innovative use of fiber and a knitted mitered sweater also won an AoM for best use of color. My darling mother-in-law does counted cross stitch and received two third place ribbons and one second place ribbon. She was proud of herself and her work is gorgeous.

After picking stuff up, I went to Unraveled to meet with the photographer to decide what three bags were going to be submitted for the 500 Handbags book due out in January 2009. My deadline is October 15th so we really have to get a move on! We decided on the giant bag of shock and awe fame, a teal freeform bag and a grey wild child bag of mine. We are getting together on Saturday as I'll be at Unraveled to teach a freeform class and I'll then have the bags and photos in my hands and ready to send. I promise to give a peek at what's up then.

Also, I've got some new things in the works for Ozark Handspun and they are looking pretty good to me. Needlefelting, embroidery and other goodies are being incorporated so it should be interesting. We are aiming at a TNNA event in January 2008 in Long Beach, CA and want to have some spectacular new things to show. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Hey Janice! I found your new blog. You and I used to chat over on the Freeform area of Knitter's Review. Found your blog listed there.

Also note: there's a dedicated Freeform group over on Ravelry now. Are you subscribed yet? Chelle